2135 Cameron Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio, 45212 Cell Phone: 513-254-7411
B.S. Degree in Adolescent to Young Adult Integrated Language Arts Expected June 2014
Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- Grade Point Average: 3.629
- Major: Adolescent to Young Adult Integrated Language Arts
- Minors: Art History
- Certificate: Women’s and Gender Studies
- Teaching Certificate: Diversity Studies
- Languages: Latin, American Sign Language, Bahasa Malay
- Hours of In Class Teaching Experience: 556
Exploring Art in London – Study Abroad November 2011 – December 2011
- Explored British culture while studying art history at the British Museum through Ohio University
- Course taken: AH 327 – Nineteenth Century Art
Federal Hocking High School January 2012 – Present
- Planned and taught several lessons for Journalism class (grades 9-12), English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12
- Created and implemented a technology-integrated project and introduced GoogleDocs to the journalism class.
- Worked one on one with students with special needs and in small groups as well.
- Used fun and engaging lessons and approaches to promote interest in learning.
- Collaborated with other teachers to plan lessons, rework strategies, and aid students.
Mason High School December 2011
- Worked one on one with students in English 12 AP and an English 12 college prep class.
- Planned poetry lessons and taught them.
Amesville Elementary Preschool September 2011 – November 2011
- Interacted one-on-one with students and used their interests to promote learning
- Led hands-on activities to assess student growth and learning
- Promoted collaboration, socialization, and learning among students.
Federal Hocking Canoe Field Trip October 8, 2011
- Planned and executed a field trip for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders from three schools in the Federal Hocking school district.
- Supervised students on the field trip and aided any students who needed help on the water.
Walnut Hills High School English August 15, 2011 – September 2011
- 7th grade: Led the beginning routine every day in class, checked students’ homework and went over answers, attended Open House, and taught the class about adverbs.
- 9th grade: Led a mini-lesson on graphic novels across the world and answered student questions in assignments, attended Open House.
- 10th grade: Led a discussion on the literary devices in Of Mice and Men and kept students on task.
Teaching-Related Work Experience
Resident Assistant July 2012 – Present
Ohio University Residential Housing Department
- Meet and become acquainted with each of their residents.
- Assist students with personal, vocational, social, academic and general concerns or refer students to other resources when appropriate.
- Spend sufficient time on the floor section to assess student needs, and ensure that the information is accurately transmitted to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Continually model appropriate behavior through academic and personal goals.
Character April 2008 – August 2013
Cedar Fair’s Kings Island Entertainment Department
- Entertain guests and ensure they have a positive experience
- Use enthusiasm and energy to brighten children’s days.
- Collaborate and communicate with coworkers to ensure safety and a positive experience.
- Responsible for costume maintenance and transportation.
Office Assistant September 2011 – May 2013
Ohio University English Department
- Assist in clerical duties and answer the telephone and student inquiries
- Set up data bases, copy material and type articles for faculty, and filing.
- Keeping the office open and placing up-to-date material on the bulletin boards.
- Deliver and pick-up material for the department, assist with bulk mailings and evaluations, and distribute mail and materials in mail boxes.
- Assist with keeping the office organized and clean, and other duties as assigned.
National Council of Teachers of English September 2010 – Present
C.A.R.E Partnership September 2011 – Present
Kappa Delta Pi: International Honor Society in Education September 2011 – Present